The Louvre or the Louvre Museum is one of the world’s largest museums and a historic monument, located in the 1’st arrondissement in Paris. It has 70,000 pieces of art spread across more than 650,000 square feet of gallery space and it has 8.8 million annual visitors.
For more than 600 years, the Louvre had been a symbol of the wealth, power and decadence of the French monarchy, and the confiscation and reconstituting of what had been a royal palace into a national museum was seen as a grand cultural gesture embodying the egalitarian values of the recent French Revolution.
The collection of the Louvre Museum was first established in the sixteenth century as the private collection of King Francis I. One of the works of art he purchased was the now famous Mona Lisa painting. The collection grew steadily thanks to donations and purchases by the kings. In 1793, during the French Revolution, the Louvre became a national art museum and the private royal collection opened to the public.
The most recent addition to the Louvre was the construction of the Louvre Pyramid, which functions as the museum’s main entrance. The pyramid was built in 1989 by the renowned American architect I.M. Pei. The glass pyramid allows the sunlight to enter the underground floor.
How would you feel to be living near the largest museum in the western world and visit the most important art objects, whenever you want?
Here is a selection of apartments situated in the 1’st arrondissement in Paris, near Louvre:
- In a beautiful freestone building on the 2nd floor with elevator, this 260sqm apartment in perfect condition facing the famous Louvre museum offers:
- An entrance hall,
- A vast double reception room with fireplace and continuous balcony,
- A library / study room on the mezzanine,
- A fully fitted eat-in kitchen,
- A master bedroom with its bathroom and dressing room,
- Three other bedrooms with a half bath,
- A living room / 4th bedroom with bathroom in mezzanine.
This apartment is entirely renovated with high quality materials, it benefits from its high ceilings (4m80) and its prestigious location.
- In the beautiful courtyard of the hotel de Talleyrand, on the 4th floor, this apartment of 197 m² is charming, sunny (exposure west) and quiet.
- After a stone entrance hall we find: Double living room with hardwood floors, beams and fireplace, a study room, a master suite with dressing and a superb bathroom woodwork, a second bedrooms with shower facilities, in duplex, a dressing-room with shower, an equipped kitchen, a laundry room
- Annexes: A studio service with shower, washbasin and toilet, two parking places.
- Three cellars complement this rare property which is in perfect condition.
- In the heart of Ile de la Cité, Quai des Orfèvres, in a beautiful XVIIIe building, a 29 sqm studio (26,42 LC) overlooking the Seine offers:
- – An entrance,
- – A main room, overlooking Quais de Seine, and exposed South,
- – An independent kitchen,
- – A bathroom with WC.
- In good conditions, this property benefits from an exceptional localization. Calmness and plaint of charm.
- Currently, the studio is rented, and will be free not later than September 2016.
- Ideal pied-à-terre.
If you are looking for an old french house, please visit our selection of properties to renovate in Paris.