Leadership is an essential quality when it comes to dealing with people. The way that people react to you is determined by the way you engage with others as well as how you present yourself and communicate with them. It is important that you come across as being confident, positive and authentic as these qualities are reflected by the people around you who would help you achieve your goals. A leadership development program needs to emphasize on developing these qualities.
The attributes of the best leadership program
- The Purpose of the leadership development program – The purpose of the leadership development program should be to teach the participants on how to positively influence people and situations. To maximize a positive image and to acquire a confident and positive presence.
- The objective – By the end of the program, the participants should have the necessary tools to project confidence and authenticity in values when dealing with others helping them create the impact and presence they want and should.
- Overview of the program – The training should be about how to create an impact and presence in any situation. Teaching how to engage people and show credibility while maintaining interest and attention. The method of the training should increase confidence while developing communication skills which would allow rapport building with people that we would want to influence while understanding the importance of the values that matter.
The importance and emphasis of the program should be on practical sessions and the training should consist of a seminar and a one to one coaching session. The program should teach you how to create an impact when delivering your message as well as developing a personal presence.
Creating an impact
The leadership program should teach you how to take a close look at what creates impact and the way it affects those around us. It should show you how to get real about what drives you and how to be truly authentic in your professional behavior. It should also teach you how to understand and pick up on the values of others. The program should also teach you how to see things from the point of view of your audience and recognize what has the best effect on people with your communication. It should also teach you how to find the energy to show passion and make an impact.
Developing a presence
The program should teach you the following
- The importance of who you are in the eyes of your audience.
- How to carry that awareness with you.
- To manage the effects of pressure.
- The art of body language which will help you convey more while having to say less.
- The key aspects of voice control and projection.
- How to connect genuinely with others which are vital factors in business success.
The program should also include the practice of the many techniques that you learn. This will certainly help to have effective leaders.