If you are planning on selling your static caravan, you will want to make sure that you get as close to the actual value for it as possible. That usually means putting in a little bit of work to get it looking its best. The average static caravan buyer isn’t going to plop down good money on a unity that looks old and shabby. A good looking caravan, even on that is older, is usually a sign that the owner has looked after it well, which will make the buyer more likely to offer a good price. Here are 10 ways to spruce up your caravan to get the best static caravan valuation.
- Clean – The exterior of your caravan is open to the elements and is likely to be a little dirty. A good pressure washer can take away a lot of that grime and take years off the overall look of the unit.
- Roof and gutter clean – This is actually a good practice to follow even if you aren’t planning on selling your static caravan. This will prevent potential water damage and will help keep your static caravan looking its best.
- Windows – This is one element of the caravan that is often forgotten, but which is actually pretty important. A little bit of paint on the trim can help, as can adding new drapes or coverings.
- Steps and deck – The front of your caravan will at the very least have steps, with some even having a deck area. Make sure that these are clean and that any broken or damaged steps are repaired before sale.
- Anchoring – Static caravans are often held down by chains that can and will rust over time. That can hurt the overall look of the caravan, so male sure to keep an eye on them.
- Vegetation – The area around your caravan should be regularly weeded and maintained to help improve the aesthetic appearance of your caravan. Planting fresh flowers can add a splash of color and beauty.
- Interior – Clean up the interior space and remove any items that are showing signs of wear and tear. Patch up any signs of damage such as dings and holes.
- Appliances – If you have a fully functioning kitchen in your static caravan, ensure that all of the appliances are in perfect working order. That can actually be a very big selling point for many potential buyers.
- Out with the old – If you plan on selling all of the contents of your caravan, make sure that they are of a good quality to ensure a good price. Outdated items will drop the price you can ask, even if the rest of the caravan looks great.